Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ListenNJ

ListenNJ is a pretty good site for digital audio books. Their database of books is fairly extensive and the fact that you can essentially put it on your mp3 players makes it great for people who travel alot. The thing I don't like about ListenNJ is the fact that you need to download their specific software in order to even listen to the audio book. Also, Ipods and Zunes are not even supported yet. Ipods and Zunes are two of the most popular mp3 players out there at this time and the fact that they do not currently support BOTH of them means they are missing out a huge share of people with mp3 players.

The fact that the whole setup process in order to get to the goal of listening to my book was complicated and confusing makes me dissapointed. After merely downloading their special software I was ready to X out the page and move on to another site.

The final thing I have to say about ListenNJ is that in the end it is easier to just get the book you want from a library than for me to download a special program which takes up room on my harddisk just to listen to a book.

Anyway, I've so far never had negative thoughts on any of these particular webthings, but I cannot advocate this digital audio book solution. It just seems like too much work for me to just listen to a book.

No comments: