Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wonderous World of Wiki's

I loved the Library Success wiki because of all the wonderful information that is housed within one place. I was able to find information on other libraries gaming programs and how successful they were. There were a lot of tips available that helped me to improve the planning and preparation of my own gaming program that is upcoming within my own branch. Just about the only thing that I can say is not very favorable about the website is the fact that there is so much information on the main page t seems to hinder the process of finding the info in the first place.

Wiki's seem to be a great way for information to be dispersed and the feature of being editable makes updating a breeze. It almost always guarantees that you have the most up to date information available, but there is one problem. Anyone can edit a wiki which makes the information contained therein unreliable at best. However, since so many people are constantly editing wikis, most of the time a correction is made to wrong information fairly quickly. Wikis are a great source for information if you are not stringent upon the validaty.

No comments: