Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A New Start

Well, I'm at it again. I know I have not posted anything in awhile, but new things will be coming soon. I have signed up for the OCL Web Things Challenge and have already completed the Week 1 tasks.

Thing #1 was a great introduction complete with video and an audio clip containing a great explanation of what Web 2.0 consists of and what this Web Challenge was going to entail.

Thing #2 called "Learning vs. Training" was an interesting tutorial explaining what a Lifelong Learner is. I never considered myself to be a Lifelong Learner, but according to this tutorial I am indeed one. As for what habits are, in my opinion, easiest and hardest out of the 7 and a 1/2 Habits for me is:

Easiest - #6) Use technology to your advantage.

I consider myself to be a very tech saavy person and I'm always keeping an eye out for the newest technology.

Hardest - #2) Accept responsibility for your own learning.

This is one of the hardest habits for me and I cannot say why except for the fact that I'm still a fairly young college student. I strongly believe that as time passes this habit will become more and more engrained into me in which, without me knowing, will become an easier and easier habit.

I look foward to the next few weeks of challenges and hope to expand my knowledge in the process.

1 comment:

Kristen - 2ndgenlibrarian said...

Taking responsibility for my own learning is probably the hardest for me as well. I'd like to think I'm getting better as I age.