Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Feeding upon the Great "RSS"

For Thing #8 I was served with the task of exploring and devouring the great buffet called "RSS Feeds". I was able to sign up for a bloglines account fairly easily and within a couple of minutes I was grabbing RSS feeds from all of my favorite websites.

I love RSS feeds for the fact that it simplifies the way you surf the internet. I was used to going to Gizmodo.com to check any new tech news and then from there moving on to Engadget.com and so on and so forth. This way of surfing the web was very tedious and time consuming, but now with RSS feeds I only need to go to one website. All of the information from all the websites I view is all neatly placed in folders and I can peruse them at my own leisure.

I gathered RSS feeds from:

-Engadget.com
-Gizmodo.com
-Asbury Park Press
-OCL WebThings
-EntertainmentWeekly.com
-Upcoming Events at Plumsted
-Techdirt.com
-ExtremeTech.com
-PC Magazine.com
-Wired.com

This technology is very helpful in saving time and libraries benefit highly from this because of the fact that now patrons can receive the information about what is going on in their local library without having to interrupt their normal web surfing routine.

No comments: